So much time has consumed all this, that I haven't had the chance to upload any pictures to the blog or blog about anything going on! SORRY!
So for now, a couple things.
1. I got a ticket for running a stop sign (that I didn't run) and got it dismissed! WAHOO!
2. A guy at the stable where Jixie is, saw me working with Jixie, and asked me if he could pay me to show him some things I know.
3. Angela and I are diving straight into our business venture, and finished our first shoot this last week. We have two coming up this week, and four next week!
4. Brett and Lynda are moving, :(
5. Kade and Addison had a sleepover here, and it was so much fun! We went to grammy's for a bit too, where Add was quite the little diver and slider. - pictures to follow when I get a second.
6. Lastly, our house is about to go under a house makeover. Ben and Dara will be moving out on the 28th of July into their new house in Provo which leaves us extra room to do stuff with.
So, we started with Eric's garage. The plan is to make everything so organized that when he decides, "oh, I need a screw...bolt...hose...etc...." he will know exactly where it is and what he has to buy to finish the project. Tonight was about the fourth night we have worked on the garage, and may I say it is coming along quite well. We've already filled up the trash can to the top already. Pictures to come.
In the next year, every room in our house will also have it's own makeover, including, but not limited to:
1. The loft turning into a game room - getting a pool table, maybe air hockey or ping pong, a corner tv to hang from the wall, and the futon from the kids room.
2. Ben and Dara's room turning into a craft room - getting a proper sewing table, sewing corner, photography corner, and scrapbooking corner all in one room.
3. The kid's room turning into a music guest room - selling the twin bed and getting a queen, getting a cooler music stand than mine, getting my viola back from my sister, and having a music corner for my violin and viola. The closet in this room will probably turn into an extra blanket closet as well as a place for my music and things.
4. Putting in a bathroom downstairs - getting the sink, cupboard, mirror, and toliet, and possibly ripping out all the vinyl and carpeting in that area to put down pergo flooring.
4. Half of the living room turning into a dining room, and the other half turning into a large tv room - selling the old couches, and getting new leather ones, moving the kitchen table into the new dining room, getting an area rug to go under the table, and possibly getting a buffet table to put nice china in and placemats or something, as well as putting the fish tank my parents are bringing down for me on.
The couch that Angela and I both hope to own soon - hehe
1. Getting vinyl lettering from a lady in my ward - and putting up cute sayings all over the house.
2. Getting a net (idea from Nat - THANK YOU NAT!) and putting all my stuffed animals in it.
3. Getting a large bookcase to fit all my books - possibly even a cupboard bookcase.
4. Getting another bookcase and baskets to go on each shelf to hold things in our master bathroom.
5. Figuring out how to decorate the extra bathroom.
6. Painting the craft room, the guest room, our bathroom, bedroom, and laundry room.
Angela has agreed to take it upon herself to decorate the house. She just decorated hers with her mom, and it's absolutely perfect! So she's doing mine now! Thank you Angela!
This is going to take a LONG time, but they are the plans for now. I figure while it heads into winter, we won't have a lot to work on for the yard, so I'm going to try to get this done - within the budget of course. Next Spring we'll spend a lot more time planting our rose/tree garden on the front corner, putting in more trees in the backyard, and putting in the veggie garden, including more fruit trees than just the one apple.
Eventually, over the years, we'll get our deck in, get a nice big playground - including a trampoline - get a hot tub, put the pond- that's just sitting in the crawl space- in, get a fence, do the driveway skirts, etc, etc.
Feel free to comment with any ideas of your own - I'm very open to suggestions!