As some of you know, I LOVE the tv show Friends.
One of my favorite episodes is when they go over each friend and how they acted on their 30th birthday. Phoebe has a bunch of things she wants to do before she turns each age, but in this episode, you see her riding a hippity-hop for a mile, and it was the last thing she wanted to do before she turned 30 (even though you find out she is 31 in this episode). So I think about this a lot when I think of the things I want to accomplish in the next few years, so I decided to make a list of things I want to do before I'm 30. I have seven years to complete this.
1. Go back to school for something. I love school, and would go for the rest of my life if I was paid to! But for now, I have decided I just want to go back to be back in school - whether I use it for a career or not. So, right now majoring in education to be a school teacher and also majoring in photography to add more to my photography skills are on the top of the list. That doesn't leave out my childhood occupations of a vet. :)
2. Get a full length book published - probably the one I started when I was in 9th grade.
3. Get a children's book published.
4. Make my own cd with my own songs on it, and take to a publisher or radio station to see what they think.
5. Have a successful business - probably a photography business since Angela and I have started one. :)
6. Finish an off-roading trail magazine.
7. Complete an Iron Man.
8. Play a part in a tv show or commercial.
9. Do this with Jixie: click here
And that's all for now - so, my original goals that I made back in May for my 23rd year will hopefully help complete these things before I'm 30!
So again, goal review time (mostly for me to stay motivated - it's like I'm accountable to all of you!)
- I've been running and biking still - Poor Tucker came bike riding the other day and hurt the pads on his paws. I feel so bad for him! I'm going to have to find a way to swim more.
- Viola and Violin are still a go - keeping it up - I will audition next year for the orchestra, instead of this year, even though they extended my audition so I could get my viola from my sister. I just feel too rusty. So private lessons for now, and next year, I'll audition.
- I didn't get any comments on my book blog, so I decided just to anchor down and get it done without advice. I've started going over it again, and changing some of it for the better. It's a work in progress. My friend gave me a publisher to take my children's book to, so I'll be doing that soon - just need to make the last few changes.
- Eric and I are mapping my first trail tomorrow, and taking the photos! :) I'll need a better camera for when I actually make them magazine worthy, but for now, I've decided just to pitch it to people and see what they think! I'm so excited! YAY! Also, I've successfully taken photos for 90 days, but now just need the money! :)
- Angela and I have our first real, PAID, photo shoot on Saturday! Way to go business!!
I hope to have some of these things accomplished the next time I write about them - more to report later! :)