Sunday, February 26, 2017

2011 Goals

Today, I decided I needed to take my life back - get settled, have a better routine. I miss my blog and need to use it more often. Especially now that I have a job where I'm working on a blog EVERY day (more on that later), I need to get my own personal one back.

So, I gave it a facelift, and redid some of the tabs. I had a tab about all the things I wanted to do to my Lehi house - we don't even live there anymore. And I found this "Goals" Tab from 2011!! HA! So I'm going through these ones and laughing about them, and what I haven't done. I put my current notes in parenthesis so you can see too.

2011 Goals:


1. Re-submit book to a few more publishers. Received first rejection notice on the grounds that they aren't looking for this type of book right now. At least it wasn't "you suck!" haha. (I haven't re-submitted my book yet. I really need to. I will - one day.)

2. Make a practice schedule to stay on top of violin/viola (I was really good at this for a few weeks at the beginning of last year. I probably just need to join an orchestra. But that would be one more thing on my list - so for now, I just need to practice more on my own.)

3. Make 2008 blog book for Mother's Day, and 2009 Blog book for mom's birthday, and 2010 blog for Christmas (I actually have done all of those. BUT, I stopped at 2011. I need to finish that one, and then move on to all the others after I update them online. So much to do.)

4. Crack down on booking more photo shoots (Photography was fun, but I just want that to be for me now. I do still want to own a camera that has the wifi capabilities cameras do now - but that will probably be a next year thing.)

5. Fix yard. (Don't own that house - but we did get a fence, and a stamped concrete patio. I miss our house so much.)
a. Flatten it out with another inch of top soil
b. Replant grass 
c. Get gravel
d. Put gravel down on right side of house - for jeeps 
e. Put gravel down on left side of house for veggie garden/hot tub area
f. Put gravel in the back of our yard - plant bushes around it. This will be the dog's place to poop.
g. Teach dogs to poop in the privacy gravel area.
h. Buy all or part of a fence - depends on how many neighbors we get.
i. If we have money left, buy stamped concrete for patio. 


6. Complete the decorating of the living/dining room so it feels nice when you walk inside the house. (Did this is 2012 with my friend Chelsea - a wonderful interior designer. I probably need to go back and blog about it - not sure if I ever did.)

7. Completely organize the crawl space in labeled CLEAR bins. (This is now find all of our stuff and unpack it - organize it or throw it away.)

8. End the year with a good sized emergency fund. (We did have one - and then we renovated an entire house here in Auburn. Gotta build that back up again.) 


Finish before I'm 30: (I'm 30 now...soooo... let's see what's happened!)

1. Finish my full-length novel (That didn't happen.)

2. Make my own cd with my songs on it - take to a publisher or radio station to see what they think (Nope, didn't happen either. And as much as my life dream would be to be a singing sensation - I wouldn't be able to take all of the criticism that comes with being famous.)

3. Complete a triathlon. (Oh yes! Done this several times! BOOYAH!)



5. Play a part in a tv show or commercial. (Hey, I did this - it was a super fake representation but it was TV! Ha!)

6. Get my children's book published. (One day... one day...)

No comments: